2018 FAMIS Conference
September 25-26, 2018
The FAMIS Conference is two days of education sessions featuring experts on current issues in finance and accounting combined with opportunities for networking and cooperative sharing in a format designed exclusively for Finance and Accounting Professionals!
1131 North DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
Group Room Rate for Monday, September 24 and Tuesday, September 25:
- $135 per night plus tax
- To make your Group Room Rate reservation:
- Call Dover Downs Hotel's VIP Services at (800) 711-5882
- Reference Group Code: GFAMIS
Pre- and Post-Conference Room Rate:
- 3 days pre- and post-conference - $135 per night plus tax
- Additional nights are based on availability
Reservation Cut-off Date:
- The last day to make your reservation and receive the group rate is September 10, 2018.
- Reservations received after 5:00 pm on that date will be made at the hotel's prevailing rate, based on availability
- Check-in is after 4:00 pm
- Check-out is by 11:00 am
- No penalty will result if notice is received at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- If the reservation is not cancelled by this time, all room-related charges for the original reservation will be charged to the individual
- Complimentary self-parking
- $7 valet parking
- Monday, September 24: registration only from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 25: education sessions all day
- Wednesday, September 26: half day of education sessions
|Tuesday, September 25th|
|8:15 AM||Regulatory Update: Status of VA Dept of Emergency Management; Demand billing/rates for residential customers, Community solar tariffs, Net metering 1% threshold||Sam Brumberg (VMDAEC)|
|10:00 AM||Battery Storage||Andy Glover (CoBank)|
|11:00 AM||Reading & Understanding the KRTA report: how to recognize trends and what it says about your co-op||Jim Meiers (CFC)|
|1:00 PM||CoBank Update||Gabriel Labastida (CoBank)|
|2:00 PM||Rate Structures||Terry Berge (Booth & Associates)|
|3:30 PM||Electric Vehicles||
Panel: Sam Brumberg (VMDAEC)
6:00 pm Dinner sponsored by CFC
|Wednesday, September 26th|
|8:00 AM||Equity Management||Jim Meiers (CFC)|
|10:00 AM||Broadband||Panel: Robbie Hall (PGEC)
Mike Keyser (BARC)
John Lee (MEC)
|11:00 AM||Subsidiary Accounting||Panel: Gordon Myers (NOVEC)
Glen Gillispie (MEC)
|12:00 PM||Closing Remarks|
Continuing Professional Education Credits:
- Documentation confirming your attendance will be provided upon request.
- State boards have final authority on the acceptance of these continuing professional education credits.
- VMDAEC Members: $400 per person
- Non-members: $550 per person
- The registration deadline is September 17th.
- Reminder: The hotel reservation deadline is September 10th.